Before it was a historic pub, it was Dublin's Post Office ā twice!
The Dublin Village Tavern was once Dominy's Drug Store, run by Newton and Anna Dominy (pictured).
The building was constructed around 1899, and served many purposes.
Newton Dominy, who owned the drugstore, became Dublin's postmaster in the 20s. At the time, post offices were often located inside businesses owned by the postmaster ā so the drugstore became the post office, too.
In the 30s, service moved to a grocery store owned by the next postmaster.
But in 1955, it came back ā when Newton's daughter Ruthella was elected postmaster, the entire post office came back to the drugstore.
Over the years, the building also served as a confectionary, a general store, and in the late 1960s, a Republican Headquarters (also pictured).
In 2000, the Dublin Village Tavern opened its doors, where it continues welcoming customers into the nearly 137-year-old building.
šø 1 ā Photo c.1930 courtesy dublinohiohistory
dublinvill...
Suggested Credits
Tags, Events, and Projects